There were 14 questions on the town-wide questionnaire for the 2010 Town Plan of
Conservation and Development.
For the first nine questions, respondents were asked to check whether they favored, opposed, or had no opinion about the statement.
- Use of taxpayer dollars to purchase land for conservation.
Favor 440. Oppose 239. No opinion 46.
- Use of taxpayer dollars to build a concert stage or pavilion on town property.
Favor 141. Oppose 518. No opinion 66.
- Use of taxpayer dollars to build a community center.
Favor 241. Oppose 423. No opinion 59.
- Providing daily bus service between Weston and the Westport train station.
Favor 342. Oppose 290. No opinion 94.
- Dedicating town land for a cemetery or memorial garden.
Favor 341. Oppose 274. No opinion 115.
- Development of town sponsored affordable housing for qualified persons.
Favor 192. Oppose 457. No opinion 76.
- Development of town sponsored senior housing.
Favor 300. Oppose 351. No opinion 78.
- Enacting regulations restricting tree removal from private properties.
Favor 188. Oppose 469. No opinion 71.
- Permitting a stand alone building to be used as an apartment or guest house.
Favor 330. Oppose 310. No opinion 86.
- In your opinion, are Weston’s residential lots overdeveloped (i.e., excessively invested with pools, recreational courts, pool houses, sheds, etc?)
Yes 131. No 512. No opinion 104.
- Turning to the question of further commercial development in Weston, which one of the following statements best reflects your opinion:
175 agreed. There should be no more commercial development in Weston.
60 agreed. New commercial development should only take place within the existing Town Center.
164 agreed. New commercial development should only take place within the existing Town Center and the property behind it.
232 agreed. New commercial development should only take place within the existing Town Center and the property adjoining it and across the road from it.
54 agreed. New commercial development should be allowed anywhere in Weston.
- Do you favor additional resources and services at the Weston Public Library?
Yes 321. No 192. No opinion 105. Don’t use 80.
- Please check which, if any, of the following equipment or facilities you would like to see put in place at Bisceglie, Morehouse and/or Keene parks:
199 In-ground outdoor pool
259 Picnic tables (#2)
157 Barbecue pits
225 Picnic areas
346 Walking trails (#1)
248 Children’s biking trails (#3)
207 Dog run/park
124 Additional play equipment (i.e. swings, slides, climbing apparatus, etc.)
140 No additional equipment or facilities
69 No opinion
- 14. Do you conduct a business in your home?
Yes 108. No 615.